Learn More About Luke Choi, MD
Luke Choi, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Creve Coeur, MO, and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. Specializing in shoulder surgery, he has also worked extensively with professional sports teams across Missouri and the Northeast.
Dr. Choi was previously identified as an Emerging Leader by the American Orthopedic Association (AOA) and was one of 15 individuals selected nationally for participation in the Clinician-Scientist Development Program sponsored by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), Orthopedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF), and Orthopedic Research Society (ORS).
- Team Physician for St. Louis Cardinals (2012-2014)
- Assistant Team Physician for New England Patriots, New England Revolution, Boston Red Sox, Boston Bruins (2011-2012)
Washington University, St. Louis, MO
University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA
- Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery Fellowship: Harvard School of Medicine/Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Boston, MA
- National Institute of Health (NIH)- funded Musculoskeletal Tissue Repair & Regeneration Research Fellowship: University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Subspecialty Certified in Sports Medicine
Honors and Awards
- Section Editor and Author of Numerous Peer-Reviewed Journals and Book(s) Publications
- Invited Speaker to Regional and National Recognized Meetings
- Primary Grant Recipient from the Orthopaedic Research Foundation(OREF) and Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF)